Animinute to Win It!!
You’ve heard of the popular game show Minute to Win It… So naturally, we had to take it over with another special edition of the Teen Anime Club at the Encino Branch Library!! Introducing: Animinute to Win It! We had 5 teams of 3 teens competing through 9 one minute challenges for the most ultimate and delicious prizes: different flavored pocky sticks and kasugai gummies!
Here’s a sneak peek of the madness…
- ROUND ONE: L’S SWEET OBSESSION
- inspired by Death Note
- Using only facial muscles, get a cookie from your forehead into your mouth!
- ROUND TWO: BUILDING THE EASTERN UNION EMBASSY
- inspired by No Game No Life
- From a single stack of cups, create a pyramid with a base of 8 cups to the very top—and once completed, get all cups back into a single stack!
- ROUND THREE: KIKI’S BALLOON SERVICE
- inspired by Kiki’s Delivery Service
- Keep three balloons afloat using only your hands!
- ROUND FOUR: CAPTURING THE SEVEN DRAGON BALLS
- inspired by Dragon Ball
- Launch marshmallows into a teammate’s mouth with a catapult; teammate must catch seven!
- ROUND FIVE: HARUKA’S CUP FLIP
- inspired by Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club
- Flip as many downward-facing cups on the edge of a table until they stand upwards!
- ROUND SIX: HOWL’S MOVING BALLOON
- inspired by Howl’s Moving Castle
- Use two plates to move a balloon across the room without letting it touch the floor!
- ROUND SEVEN: CHARMANDER’S MARSHMALLOW ROAST
- inspired by Pokémon
- Grab the most marshmallows with chopsticks!
- ROUND EIGHT: ATTACK ON CUPS
- inspired by Attack on Titans
- Knock over cups with an orange hanging from pantyhose worn on your head!
- ROUND NINE: HAPPY’S HAIRBALL
- inspired by Fairy Tail
- Suck up pom-poms through a straw and move as many into the bowl at the end of the table!
And after all of the madness, we completely forgot to take a picture of the winning team and their prizes… BUT! Congratulations to Team: What IS Anime?! for sweeping away their competitors!!
Check out the Teen Blog in May to see what kind of craziness we come up with next…